Sunday 13 July 2014

Bloody Mary Metal - Leeds Pop-Up Shop Treats

It's no secret that I'm in love with Bloody Mary Metal jewellery. I'd go as far as saying it's my favourite jewellery EVER if I'm honest.

Until yesterday I had three beautiful BMM rings (see picture in my previous post) - my first and second - the Water Alchemy sign and Ambers Arrow - presents from Miles, and the Lonely Bone - a present from my parents last Christmas. I'm pretty pleased that this has already become a tradition and with my birthday coming up in 5 days, my Mum noticing that there was going to be a BMM pop up shop in Leeds this weekend and knowing how much I love it, I got told to pick out an early present from my parents (yessssssss).

It was lovely to finally (if only briefly) meet Lucy who is the genius (and total babe) behind Bloody Mary Metal. As is often the case nowadays, we've had some interaction through Instagram - usually me telling her to 'STAHP' followed by heart eyes emoji on photos of her delicious creations - but it was great to put an IRL face to a name. It's also always nice to hear a fellow southern accent up here (although Cornwall is even more southern  than my Bedfordshire roots!) - I can pick one out of a crowd instantly ;)

Before popping down to the pop-up, I'd perused the BMM website (as I probably do once a week, minimum) to choose what I wanted - answer: EVERYTHING - but when I saw all the delicious treats Lucy had on offer (after being distracted by an amazing cake made especially for the occasion) it was so hard to decide!
There were brand new designs from the upcoming Luna Tribe collection and all of the awesome existing designs that I've been lusting after but I chose my adorable tooth ring because I've had my eye on it for a while now. 
Naturally, the first one I tried fit my finger like Cinderella's slipper fit her trotters so it was definitely meant to be.


I've decided to be well behaved and keep the ring in the box until my actual birthday but couldn't resist a quick photo with it. I'm building quite the collection now! (also haaaaay got my nails did, sparkley shellac gurrrl)


I also got a Bloody Mary Metal goodie bag which I wasn't expecting - stickers, badges, flyers (nice to see a little picture of mine and my pal Laura's hands featured - bottom row, second from the left!) and a threadbare charm bracelet!! I got the moon charm (which is my favourite) and the cord is blue to match my hair! It's like the gifted jewellery gods were looking down on me that evening I tell ya.


There were sweets in the goodie bag too but in the excitement these no longer exist to be photographed... 

Here's a photo of all my treats, including some BMM themed nail decals that I'm also really psyched to use - thank you so much for being wonderful Lucy - you've only cemented my love for your amazing jewels.


For those of you that haven't checked Bloody Mary Metal out, do it right now. I've linked the shit out of this post so there's no excuse not to! For those of you that already know (and, undoubtedly, love) BMM you'll know how exciting all of this is and I can't wait for the Luna Tribe collection to be available online so I can treat myself to even more come payday.

Team BMM forever.

Charli 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment