Tuesday 22 July 2014

Nudes Nudes Nudes

Until quite recently, I've not been a nude lipstick wearer (yep, this post is about make-up, apologies if the title suggested otherwise...) often choosing reds and plums over nudes. I used to think I couldn't pull off nudes since I'm a moon-bather.... Well I was WRONG - what a numpty - nudes suit EVERYONE and lucky for little pale me, Illamasqua have just released a full line of nude lipsticks in varying undertones to suit all skin types.

I have been wearing lots of brown tones on my lips of late (90s/the craft/glamour corpse vibes) so was very excited to see some delicious brown-toned lipsticks in the new Illamasqua Glamore shades.
Unlike the majority of Illamasqua's lipsticks (which are matte matte matte) the Glamore lipsticks have a satin finish and while, personally, I'm a huge fan of matte finish products, a lot of people prefer the texture and ease of application of a satin lipstick. I own the three original Glamore shades so know that the colour payoff and staying power of these is still just as strong as matte lipstick so couldn't wait to try the nudes out!

Since I have about 9 million lipsticks, I showed a little restraint and chose just three shades (for now)... It's been hard deciding on my favourite out of the 7 new nude shades, but the following three are all in the running - I've posted a few selfies on instagram (@charlixo if you please) wearing a couple of the shades and everyone seems to be just as enamored with them as I am, so I thought I'd post a couple more pictures here.

So here are my three favourites from the new colours in the Illamasqua Glamore range. Sorry (ntsry) about the amount of pouting in the photos - can't help myself!



Buff, Rosepout & Minx...


Buff is the first shade I was drawn to - the most obviously brown (and, therefore, 90s) shade of the bunch. I've spoken about my love of brown tones in previous posts and videos, so it was no surprise that Buff is one of my top choices! For the sake of continuity, I've used the same lip pencil with all three lipsticks in my pictures ('Woo' lip colouring pencil from Illamasqua) but can't wait to wear this colour with a much darker brown liner for super 90s Pam Anderson vibes. The lighting in every room of my house decided to be TERRIBLE when I tried to take a swatch picture so it does look a little lighter in these than in real life (my house has some awesome weird windows but it doesn't make for a very good photo taking environment).


Rosepout is described as a 'neutral pink/brown' which is ideal for the pinky undertone in my skin (plus the name is cuuuuute) I think it's an amazing 60's shade so paired with darker eyes/graphic liner, it's going to look amazing. It's actually a lot lighter than I would usually wear but it doesn't make me look like I'm rocking a 'concealer-lip' or wash me out at all. Again, both photos here show me wearing it with 'Woo' pencil from Illamasqua, which is a neutral brown shade that helps give it extra definition and pout power. I think Rosepout has the sweetest name of the bunch and makes for a really flattering pink lip.


Minx is the shade that I can see myself wearing the most as it's a little deeper in colour, and closer to my usual lipstick choices - slightly stronger in colour than the other nudes, it's a gorgeous deep dusky rose tone and is a perfect shade for a 'just been kissed' look - if you're after some 'post makeout sesh' lips, Minx is probably the colour for you. Like all the other Glamore shades, Minx glides on like a dream and really stays put! I'm looking forward to pairing it with different pencils (dark pinks and plums) for a delicious ombre too!


I'm planning a couple of tutorials to be filmed over the next few weeks and a lip one is in the mix - now I just have to decide which one of my new faves to use!

*

Just a short post for today, I'm still recovering from my birthday weekend and want to have a little lay down... I'll be back with more soon!

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Charli
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment